Apple pie porridge
Oat meal porridge is a simple and good breakfast when hiking. It's also variable with an infinite amount of different toppings. In this post you'll find my favorite porridge. Apple pie porridge.
- Pot for campfire
- Fire gloves (normal lined working gloves made of leather)
- Something to eat from and with
- Firewood and tinder
- Ferro rod/matches
- 4 deciliter oats
- 4 deciliter water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 apples
- 2 digestive biscuits
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Ev. A pinch of sugar
- Mix oats, water and salt.
- While the porridge reach boiling, cut the apples in pieces.
- Boil the porridge and stir. Let the porridge boil softly and stir so that it doesn't get stuck at the bottom. To check your phone or take pictures is an excellent recipe for burnt porridge. If it sticks at the bottom, stir carefully not to touch it and don't scrape it until you're done eating.
- When the porridge has reached desired consistency (you might want to add some more water if you want it looser) stir the apples in and take the pot from the fire.
- Serve and top each bowl with broken digestive biscuits, cinnamon and sugar.
What are your favorite topping on porridge? Please, share in the comments or stories and mention @tracelessintiveden so that we get to try your outdoor breakfast!
Munch in peace!